22 Freakish Facts About Giraffes
I hope you’ll have as much fun learning these 22 freakish facts about giraffes as I had putting them together for you. I’m sure you already know that giraffes are the tallest land animals. But did you know … ???
1. A giraffe’s 6-foot (1.8-meter) neck weighs about 600 pounds (272 kilograms).
2. The legs of a giraffe are also 6 feet (1.8 meters) long.
3. The back legs look shorter than the front legs, but they are about the same length.
4. A giraffe’s heart is 2 feet (0.6 meters) long and weighs about 25 pounds (11 kilograms).
5. A giraffe’s lungs can hold 12 gallons (55 liters) of air!
6. The average length of a giraffe’s tongue is 20 inches and they can grab things with it.
7. Their tongues are black in color to prevent them from getting sunburned. They actually stick their tongues out that much.
8. Male giraffes will use their extremely long tongues to taste the pee of female giraffes to determine if they’re ovulating.
9. Female giraffes are pregnant for 15 months.
12. Who’s the king of the jungle now?
13. Giraffes give birth standing up, which means the first thing a baby giraffe experiences is a six-foot-drop onto the cold, hard ground.
16. They can sprint up to 35 miles per hour.
17. And because their legs are so long, giraffes walk at 10 miles per hour without even trying.
20. No two giraffes have the same pattern of spots, but giraffes that live in the same area tend to have similar coats.
I hope you have enjoyed, “22 Freakish Facts About Giraffes You Will be Glad You Know“
You might also like to read, Meerkats Using Photographer to Get a Better View, How cute is that?
MY QUESTION FOR YOU TODAY: Are there any animals you know of that you would like to see featured here on my blog? Is there any creature that you would like to learn more about? Or, do you have a story you would like to submit about a pet you have? I would love to hear from you in the comment section below, or please email me directly at email@example.com
*** Please leave a comment below and remember to share. ***
It’s just sexy!
As always, thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I appreciate you!
♥ PEACE ♥