Best Anti-Bullying Video Ever Made
This may possibly be the best anti-bullying video ever made, in my humble opinion. I wonder how different it would be if adults had to face bullying the same way that a child has to experience bullying in their schools everyday. Watch this video for a unique perspective into the issue of bullying.
Video Published on Oct 18, 2013
Production : Les Télécréateurs
Conception & Réalisation : Vincent Lobelle
Chef opérateur : Nicolas Loir
Musique : Michael Andrews featuring Gary Jules “Mad World” (alternate version)
Direction artistique France 5 : Eric Rinaldi
At the end of the video, a message, in French, says:
“A day at work does not look like this. And a day at school?”
Best Anti-Bullying Video Ever Made
It this not a powerful message? What if there was schoolyard bullying in the workplace? The purpose of this video is to raise awareness among adults by putting them in the shoes of the victim.
Bullying and Suicide
In recent years, a series of bullying-related suicides in the US and across the globe have drawn attention to the connection between bullying and suicide. Though too many adults still see bullying as “just part of being a kid,” it is a serious problem that leads to many negative effects for victims, including suicide. Many people may not realize that there is also a link between being a bully and committing suicide.
The statistics on bullying and suicide are alarming:
- Suicide is the third leading cause of death among young people, resulting in about 4,400 deaths per year, according to the CDC. For every suicide among young people, there are at least 100 suicide attempts. Over 14 percent of high school students have considered suicide, and almost 7 percent have attempted it.
- Bully victims are between 2 to 9 times more likely to consider suicide than non-victims, according to studies by Yale University
- A study in Britain found that at least half of suicides among young people are related to bullying
- 10 to 14 year old girls may be at even higher risk for suicide, according to the study above
- According to statistics reported by ABC News, nearly 30 percent of students are either bullies or victims of bullying, and 160,000 kids stay home from school every day because of fear of bullying
Bully-related suicide can be connected to any type of bullying, including physical bullying, emotional bullying, cyberbullying, and sexting, or circulating suggestive or nude photos or messages about a person.
Some schools or regions have more serious problems with bullying and suicide related to bullying. This may be due to an excessive problem with bullying at the school. It could also be related to the tendency of students who are exposed to suicide to consider suicide themselves.
SOURCE: Bullying Statistics
School bullying is a widespread problem. Just look at the statistics above. It is time to take action, as adults, to help stamp out this problem. Listen to your children. Then DO something about it.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.
I hope you have enjoyed reading “Best Anti-Bullying Video Ever Made“.
You might also enjoy: How Nervous Illness Can Bring About Other Diseases, Anxiety, Depression
Please share your comments below.
And remember … Speak kind to a stranger, cause you never know …
It just might be an angel, come knocking at your door.
Make it an awesome day.
♥ Peace ♥
Seize the Day – Daily Motivational Quote[seize-the-day]
Latest posts by Jeanne Melanson (see all)
- Pup Pee Poo Palace : Revolutionary Puppy Potty Training - October 26, 2016
- 17 Reasons to Own a Black Cat - October 25, 2016
- Thanksgiving Cash Giveaway, $400 to 3 winners, ends 11/25 - October 22, 2016