Meet Frane Selak
The Unluckiest Lucky Man to Ever Live
If you were to meet Frane Selak, you’d probably want to shake his hand, get an autograph, take his picture, or something! Why? Because this man claims to have escaped death seven (7) times, and then won the lottery! Watch this short animated film and then I’ll tell you a little more about him. This will have you shaking your head, I promise you.
Published on May 1, 2014
Meet Frane Selak
Frane Selak is a Croatian music teacher, born in 1929. Life has not been boring. A lot of us, most likely, are unable to claim even one brush with death in our lifetime. Frane Selak, supposedly, claims to have survived seven instances. I will list them below.
- It started in January 1962 when the train Mr. Selak was riding on derailed off the tracks and crashed down into an ice-cold river. Someone pulled Selak to safety, while 17 other passengers drowned. He Selak suffered a broken arm and hypothermia.
- The following year, in 1963, during his first and only plane ride, he was sucked out of a malfunctioning plane door and landed in a haystack (of all places!). The plane crashed, killing 19 people. (However, there is no report of any plane crash in Croatia in 1963.)
- Three years after that, in 1966, a bus that he was riding skidded off the road and into a river, drowning four passengers. Selak swam to shore with a few cuts and bruises.
- In 1970 his car caught fire while he was driving it. He managed to get out of the car before the fuel tank blew up.
- Three years later, in another driving incident, the engine of his car was doused with hot oil from a malfunctioning fuel pump, causing flames to shoot through the air vents. Selak’s hair was completely singed in this incident, but he was otherwise unharmed.
- In 1995, he was struck by a bus in Zagreb, but sustained only minor injuries.
- In 1996 he avoided having a head-on collision with a United Nations truck on a mountain curve by swerving into a guardrail, which gave way under the force of his car. He was thrown from the car when the door flew open (he wasn’t wearing a seatbelt) and watched his car plummet down 90 meters (300 ft) into a gorge.
As of this date, none of Selak’s claims have been independently verified.
Meet Frane Selak – Lottery winner
In 2003, two days after his 73rd birthday, Mr. Selak won €800,000 ($1,110,000 U.S. dollars) in the lottery. At the time of his win, he also married for the fifth time. (Not sure what happened to the first 4 wives. I’m afraid to ask!) He bought two houses and a boat with his winnings. Later, in 2010, he decided to give most of the remaining money away to relatives and friends after deciding to live a frugal lifestyle.
WOW! Believe it! or Not.
I hope you have enjoyed, “Meet Frane Selak, The Unluckiest Lucky Man Alive“
MY QUESTION FOR YOU TODAY: What do you think? Unluckiest man alive? Or Luckiest? It’s difficult to say, right? Wow. Have you avoided death? I have!
You might also like to read, Terri Calvesbert, Amazing 10 Year Old Girl, Story of Courage and Love
*** Please leave a comment below and remember to share. ***
It’s just sexy!
As always, thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I appreciate you!
♥ PEACE ♥
Seize the Day – Daily Motivational Quote
Latest posts by Jeanne Melanson (see all)
- Thanksgiving Cash Giveaway, $400 to 3 winners, ends 11/25 - October 22, 2016
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Dog off the Couch - October 22, 2016
- 22 Ways Cats Make People Happier And Healthier - October 21, 2016