The Sleeping Habits of Pets
How Do You Compare?
Do you think you managed to get enough sleep last night? When was the last time you woke up without needing an alarm and actually felt awake and refreshed? Roughly 66% of adults throughout all developed nations fail to obtain the recommended 8 hours of sleep per night.
Many animals sleep much better than we do – which isn’t too difficult to believe when you notice your cat happily sleeping in the most awkward of positions. However, if you’ve ever looked over at your fury (or scaly) companion and been a little envious of their sleeping pattern, you’re not alone. This infographic from conservatoryblinds4less.co.uk compares the sleeping habits of pets with your own. How do you compare?
Tips for Sleeping Like a Feline
If you’d like to get a better night’s sleep, and maybe even wake up as refreshed as cats always seem to (too much energy!), then follow these simple tips;
- Cancel out noise using earplugs – any sounds of around 40 decibels is enough to keep you awake, for comparison a dog’s bark is roughly 60 decibels.
- Avoid technology within the 1-2 hour period before bed, as these devices emit “blue-light” that causes the brain to stay awake and active, rather than drifting off to sleep.
- Refrain from consuming caffeine late on in the day, when consumed later in the day/night, the stimulation of caffeine on the nervous system will prevent the body from being able to drift off to sleep.
- Get out more! Increasing your exposure to bright light during the day can keep your circadian rhythm healthy and in sync, which will, in turn, improve daytime energy and quality of nighttime sleep.
“Sleeping Habits of Pets: How Do You Compare?”
Guest Writer: Many thanks to conservatoryblinds4less.co.uk for the use of their infographic.
*** Please Share ***Sleeping Habits of Pets: How Do You Compare? #PetBlogShare #SleepingPets Click To Tweet
MY QUESTION FOR YOU:
Sleeping Habits of Pets: How Do You Compare?
*** Leave your comment below. ***
(It’s just sexy!)
DISCLOSURE: Animal Bliss is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
(In other words, we’ll get a very small (teeny tiny) commission from purchases made through links on this website.)
So, go on … Don’t be shy!
Buy Something BIG and Expensive!
Buy a Jaguar. Or a Ferrari.
Latest posts by Guest Blogger for Animal Bliss (see all)
- Deciding On The Best Pet Food To Feed Your Pet - November 19, 2019
- Treating Canine Arthritis and Its Symptoms - November 17, 2019
- How To Stop Your Cat From Spraying Inside the Home - November 15, 2019