Sloths Being Cute
~ It Comes So Naturally ~
It’s hard not smile when you see sloths being cute. Here are some of the cutest sloth moments that I’ve seen. They WILL make you smile. Enjoy!
A few facts that attribute to sloths being cute:
- The sloth is the world’s slowest mammal. Sloths rarely move at all, spending much of its day hanging upside-down from tree limbs.
- Sloths are identified by the number of long, prominent claws that they have on each front foot and can climb only 6 to 8 feet (1.8 to 2.4 meters) per minute.
- Sloths have been known to remain clinging to a tree branch even after death.
- Sloths sleep as many as 15 to 20 hours in trees everyday.
- It can sometimes take up to a month for a sloth to digest a meal.
- Sloths mate and give birth while hanging in the trees.
- Sloths mainly leave their tree to urinate or defecate about once a week.
- To propel themselves while on the ground, they must dig into the earth with their front claws and use their strong front legs to pull themselves along, dragging their bellies across the ground.
- Sloths are excellent swimmers.
- The three-toed sloth emits a long, high-pitched call that echoes through the forests as “ahh-eeee.”
- They have extra neck vertebrae that allows them to turn their heads some 270 degrees.
- Thousands of years ago, very large sloths lived on the ground in North America. Their fossils tell us some were as large as elephants, had claws and ate leaves much like present-day sloths.
Bath Time for Baby Sloths – another peek at sloths being cute
Click here for more Fun Fact About Sloths, video and pictures.
I hope you have enjoyed, “Sloths Being Cute, They Just Can’t Help Themselves“
You might also like to read, True Aye Aye Facts, Curious Little Lemur Animal Cute or Ugly?
MY QUESTION FOR YOU TODAY: Are there any animals you know of that you would like to see featured here on my blog? Is there any creature that you would like to learn more about? Or, do you have a story you would like to submit about a pet you have? I would love to hear from you in the comment section below, or please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Please leave a comment below and remember to share. ***
It’s just sexy!
As always, thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!
♥ PEACE ♥
Latest posts by Jeanne Melanson (see all)
- Fascinating Facts About Reptiles – Reptile Awareness Day - October 21, 2018
- Preparing for a Road Trip with Your Dog - September 16, 2018
- 8 Interesting Facts About the Wild Rhinoceros - September 9, 2018